Here in London the first day of Spring, unfortunately, lacked sun… Sofia’s 19 degrees Celsius were looking promising but not quite there yet. Athens was a champion with 22 degrees Celsius but still cloudy.
For the occasion, we decided to share with you a short playlist with songs we feel are the most appropriate for the Spring season and our favorite flowers, written in English, Bulgarian and Greek! We hope you enjoy!
*You will find links to the youtube page of each song by clicking on their titles 🙂
Here is the one complied by Rali:
- Slow Club – Our Most Brilliant Friends: For a contemplative mood this Spring
- Labyrinth – Jealous: For when it rains (or you’re sad)
- Bruno Mars – That’s What I Like: It just came out and it’s so fresh that you can’t resist dancing to it!
- Ed Sheeran – Lego House: Oldie but goldie and since I mentioned him, checkout the new album as well, The Shape of You is particularly good 🙂
- Rihanna – Please Don’t Stop the Music: Perfect to dance your worries away to! Honestly, I’d recommend any by Rihanna but for this post I’ll limit myself to just one more.
- Rihanna – We Found Love: British beginning, amazing video clip. ‘Nough said
- Chet Faker – Into you: alternative sound for an alternative Spring
- Loyle Carner -Florence: a heart-warming hip-hop piece about someone blossoming into a beautiful human being! A perfect metaphor for the season!
- Ariana Grande – Everyday (ft. Future): Why not get freaky this Spring?! With a witty video clip and a catchy tune, this is absolutely a valuable addition to the list!
- Sugababes – Push the Button: Bright and playful! This is an old song, but it’s worth a listen. It’s an instant mood-raiser!
Here is the one complied by Chara:
- Arctic Monkeys – Mardy Bum: Upbeat and engaging, with lyrics that will surely remind you of someone you know, Mardy Bum is a great song to hear at the end of a particularly difficult day! For all of you who are running late or just missed your train, don’t worry, Arctic Monkeys feel your pain!
- Kodaline – All I Want: More appropriate for a gloomy day, where the sun has not come out and you are not feeling like doing anything, Kodaline’s All I Want can be your crouch! There is really nothing like hearing a great song in the beginning of a cloudy day. Try Kodaline and i’m sure you’ll get what I mean…
- The Beatles – Hey Jude: A Beatles song is appropriate and necessary for every season. Whether a sunny Spring morning or a gloomy March afternoon, Hey Jude will surely keep you company for a couple of perfect minutes. So, ‘Take a sad song and make it better’ with this Beatles hit and let all the troubles of the day simply evaporate into the sounds of McCartney’s words!
- Edith Piaf – Sous le Ciel de Paris: A glass of wine, an open window and a good book. That’s exactly the mood any Edith Piaf song creates. Sous le Ciel de Paris is a beautiful song for anyone who longs a sweet escape from the routine of work or university. Create your own personal Parisian evening, with this beautiful song!
- Elton John – Your Song : While the feeling Elton John has is ‘a little bit funny,’ this song always makes a hard day a little bit easier. Especially for a sunny morning, Your Song is the perfect tune to hear while on the bus or simply while taking a leisurely stroll. Yes, for Ewan McGregor fans out there, you are also allowed to listen to the cover from Moulin Rouge…
- The Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now : Is there a better way to start a day, no matter the weather, than listening to one of the best (if not the best) band to day? I doubt so! Don’t Stop Me Now is a song that will definitely lift your spirits and make you dance in the middle of the street, workplace or bus stop! Today, let yourselves have ‘a little good time’!
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes – Home : Fun, sweet and moving this interesting duet that brings to mind a dialogue more than a song will definitely be a great company on your way to work/school in the morning. Whether you are struggling with a bustling bus or squeezed like a sardine in a bus, put Home in your earphones and block out everything…
- Frank Sinatra – Somewhere Beyond the Sea: There is something about Sinatra’s voice that immediately brings to mind a breeze Spring evening. Somewhere Beyond the Sea is the perfect song for anyone looking for a relaxed evening with good friends and good food. And although it might still be early for a trip to the sea, don’t worry in only 2 months the time will come!
- Jovanotti – Bacciami Ancora (and for all the Greeks out there, or anyone who’d like to experiment, try Fila Me Akoma by Panos Mouzourakis and Kostis Maraveyias): I don’t think there is a song that reminds me of Spring, sun and joy more than this incredible Italian tune. For everyone looking for an uplifting, optimistic and beautiful song Bacciami Ancora is your choice.
- Dexy’s Midnight Runners – Come On Eileen : Yes, this is the song Charlie and Sam listen to at the school dance in ‘The Perks of Being a Wallflower.’ An upbeat song with the hint of nostalgia inherent in any 80’s creation, Come on Eileen will surely have you dancing! And for all those who say 80’s songs are outdated… No. They are not.
And here are our personal favorite flowers! A little extra and a reminder that Spring has just arrived 🙂